The concept of IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) has been around since late 90’s, however actual implementation varies across industries. The “Plan, backup, replicate and test” mantra may sound simple but according to Gartner, “80% of organizations aiming for higher levels of operational maturity will fail without proper implementation of BCDR management planning tools”.
Today we will discuss the common pitfalls of IT Disaster Recovery, and the rules for a successful IT Business Continuity:
- Focus on replicate applications and user services
- Establish on- and off-site protection
- Automate recovery procedures
- Test regularly
- Secure your backed-up environment
- Select your BCDR partner wisely
This information will be relevant to CIO, IT Managers and IT engineers who are planning to implement or improve disaster recovery in their data centers.
Latest posts by firstname.lastname@example.org (see all)
- The Rules of IT Business Continuity - August 16, 2018
- Basis Bay’s CEO awarded the Entrepreneur Icon Award 2018 – 24.03.2018 - May 23, 2018
- Basis Bay in Digital New Asia: Aiming to be winners in the Digital Economy – 12.03.2018 - May 23, 2018